Wrapper Design of the Tootsie Roll Pop


How many years does it take to appreciate the wrapper of a Tootsie Roll Pop? I just realized how cool these wrappers were yesterday after someone offered me a Tootsie Roll Pop, the first after a long lapse in time.



I love the simplicity of the illustrations and the sports the kids are playing. Props on the skateboarding one, especially. I think the girl is riding backwards while shaking her hips. She seems very confident, too. At a glance this looks dangerous, but isn't that the point of skating in the first place. Pushing your luck and doing things that the properties of physics say you shouldn't. The boy is obviously very impressed, and he's completely drooling over hereyes wide and jaw on the floor. I know exactly how you feel buddy, it used to happen to me too.

These illustrations remind me to stay young, and that I need to get back to the park. I personally prefer BMX but I have a longboard to carve down mellow slopes and take a casual lunch cruise. House Park is my local spot where I do my soul searching and shin splitting.